Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Joker

Flipping through the pack, I came across a dancing face, a gagster, buffoonery written all over it , not in words , in rhyming duets which refused to rhyme. It was a mask from my classroom days, it was a caricature created by my pencil, residing in my little notebooks, which I had innocently drawn lost in thoughts when the teacher taught the most important laws of nature ‘Illusion’. To me it was a stooge , a prankster that had tinted cheeks and ringing cap, but 15 years later as I held the card in my hand I tried to recall what my physics teacher was trying to explain in that oration . A symbol that was created in my fantasy was destroyed; I was looking at the present day’ Joker’.

A token of guffaw, had burnt down to a denotation of Evil, irony at its best. And then it struck me, it is all illusion, my thoughts, ideas that have built existence.

And today this painted mask behind a child’s laughter has become a mockery to humankind. As we go ahead, we crush that comes in the way making it look like a complicated puzzle, a boulevard of broken conceptions. I am lost to the illusion of our mind, lost to the illusion of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment